“Sing and make music in your hearts to the Lord” Ephesians 5:19
What is Worship and how does our church do it in song?
- We worship with current songs that resonate with the truth of God’s Word, and we also draw on songs and hymns from many eras of the past. This reflects our inter-generational congregation.
- We often worship with the accompaniment of a full band, but sometimes it’s more stripped down and simple.
- Responding to God’s love, celebrating who he is, and expressing our own love and gratitude for him above all others is what turns a song into worship.
- Jesus has opened the way for us to draw near to our Father, so we sing directly to God from the heart, personally engaging with him, wholeheartedly giving him glory.
- We also sing about the Lord to one another, and to our own souls, and to all who hear. We boldly proclaim his truth out over us, and we humbly sing out our need for him.
- We anticipate the presence of the Lord engaging with us, and through his Holy Spirit, ministering to us as we minister to him.
- We look to see Spirit-breathed, Christ-like transformation in our own lives as direct fruit of our time spent worshiping Jesus in song – true worship in song facilitates the on-going creation of, and is a reflection of, a life that glorifies God.